Keep up with nutrition tips that will keep you healthy and keep your weight down.
Did You Know, that bananas improve your mood and reduce PMS symptoms? Well they help overcome depression because its high levels of trytophan, which converts into serotonin (happy-mood brain) neurotransmitter.
Eating two bananas before a workout boost energy levels and sustain your blood sugar.
And if you haven’t started with your 2016 resolutions last month, it’s not too late to set realistic goals to work towards. Take the pressure off your busy schedule and get on your life changes.
Healthy weight loss is a steady journey that doesn’t give results overnight. Your overall weight may not drop as quickly as you’d like it to. Gaining lean muscles mass helps boost your metabolism, meaning you’ll burn more fat at rest.
- A better way to check your progress and stick to your resolution is to fit into an item of clothing in your wardrobe, and try it on again after starting your nutrition and exercise plan. (see our next issue Fitness trends article in the Health and Lifestyle )
- Stick a photo of an athlete or celebrity who inspires you on your fridge or in your bedroom, to stay motivated and keep your healthy eating on track.
Researches state that it’s all about the overall quality of calorie that counts; long-term weight loss isn’t about the intake of calories vs the calories out. Calories from good fats and protein help keep you fuller for longer. If your body doesn’t get the building blocks of nutrients it needs to maintain good health, it holds onto whatever it can get, making weight loss more of a struggle.
- Be smart on portion control
- Carbohydrates should be the size of your fist and protein the size of your palm, while vegetables should make up the other half of your plate.
- STAY HYDRATED
Drink up to slim down! Make sure you drink at least 1,5 liters or 6-8 glasses of water a day to stay hydrated. Not only does water keep you hydrated, it is good for your skin as well, it plumps up your cells to give you a youthful glow.
Drinking a glass of water before a meal can help fill you up, plus you’ll be less tempted to go back for more food.
- Drinking ice-cold water helps to increase your metabolism, and lemon gives your liver an easier ride. So pop a few ice cubes and squeeze lemon into your glass.